Career and Life Management (CALM)
Our Career and Life Management programme helps school leavers make the transition from secondary school to tertiary education and the world of work. Our emphasis is on life skills like attitudes, behaviours and values. We show students how to approach issues like problem-solving through critical thinking and reflection.
Leadership Development is also a critical part of our programme.
other Maria Holder projects
over the past 16 years
The CALM programme is aimed at helping participants develop the skills to
• Learn and understand more about themselves and the world of work
• Think in terms of a career and not just a job
• Understand who they are and who they want to become
• Learn the value of relationship building
• Learn about career planning and job search skills
• Manage personal resources like money and time