Since 1998, PCW has undertaken several consultancies in Barbados and the OECS, using and sharing their vast knowledge of Community Development, mobilization, planning and implementation. Former UNDP Barbados Social Development Specialist, Leisa Perch, described PCW’s Consultant Team as her ‘Urban Poverty Specialist’, to describe their area of specialty and impact in the OECS region.
PCW’s Consultant Team has provided technical assistance in Grenada, St Lucia, St. Vincent, Antigua, St. Kitts, Anguilla and Dominica in the areas of culture, community development, poverty reduction strategies and micro-enterprise development. The organization has also done worked with the OAS, UNDP, UNIFEM, UNDCP, USAID, IAF, UNICEF and the Government of Barbados.
List of some of the Technical and Development Papers written:
• Co-Author, Guidelines Manual on Community Intervention for the National Drugs Resource Centre, Barbados 1997
• Author, Study of Pinelands/Wildey Community
• Presented paper on ‘Investing in their Future’ for fishermen, organized by the Barbados National Union of Fisherfolk Organisations.
• Co-writer – Barbados Report – National Commission on Law and Order 2004.
• Strategic Plan, Barbados Family Planning, 2013
• UNDP Preparatory Assistance Program: for the Institution to Support Good Governance (ISGG) – A Project of the Government of Grenada.
• The Socio-Economic potential of Dance in the Caribbean – for Ministry of Culture, Grenada, Festival 2000.
• Discussion Paper for Commonwealth Foundation On-line discussion, “Public Perceptions of Civil Society: are they accountable” 2010
• UNDP Preparatory Assistance Program: Rationalization and Institutional Strengthening paper for the Department of Social Development, Government of Anguilla 2001.
• UNDP Paper: Governments of Barbados and the OECS: Community Development through the Establishment of Community Resource and Internet Centers (CoRICs), 2002
• Support the implementation of community programmes & the establishment of a pilot community resource and internet centre in Rose Place, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Aug-Nov 2004
• Terminal Report for UNDP, OECS Micro-start project, 2005
• Report – Technical Support to Faux a Chaud (St. Lucia) as part of UNDP/Government of Saint Lucia Country Programme Action Plan 2006 – 2009
• Report – Phase 2 – Technical Support to Faux a Chaud (St. Lucia) as part of UNDP/Government of Saint Lucia Country Programme Action Plan 2006 – 2009
• UNDP Revised Project Support Document, UNDP country support to Faux Chaud (St. Lucia), Ministry of Social Transformation, Sept 2007
• Evaluation Report of CoRICs in Grenada, St. Lucia, Dominica and St. Vincent, September, 2009
• Project Support Document, CoRICs in Grenada, St. Lucia, Dominica and St. Vincent, September, 2009
• Evaluation of UNDP CoRICs in Grenada, St. Vincent, St. Lucia and Dominic