Marcus Garvey Resource & Development Centre
The Report identified males and females between 15-24 as being most at risk. The major barriers to employment for this group are poor basic education, poor work ethics, lack of marketable skills and lack of work experience.
To improve the quality of life for individuals and the enhancement of community organizations through access to training and social assistance.
Objectives of the Centre
- To provide unemployment training and linkages to the job market;
- To address Poverty effectively, through education and skills development;
- Build self development, provide learning opportunities and experience in new areas and disciplines;
- To provide a wide range of skills and opportunities to improve quality of life;
- To build partnerships and networks to assist in social and economic development and opportunities;
- To provide access to information;
- To increase opportunities for jobs, education and social assistance through access to information;
- To provide a wide range of services to micro business persons.
Training at MGRDC is conducted in Employment Preparedness, Social, Enterprise, Leadership Development and Project Planning, Music and 11 Plus Preparation classes.